Delaware County (Pennsylvania) Libraries, DCL, is a federated system comprised of 26 member libraries located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia.
Our goal is to optimize library service to the citizens of Delaware County through cooperative efforts. An Administrative Headquarters provides support to the member libraries. All member libraries remain independent and set their own policies and procedures.
DCL services include:
Electronic resources including eBooks and downloadable audiobooks, along with the POWER Library--high quality research resources not available on the free Internet
- Interlibrary loan and van delivery among all libraries
- An online catalog of over 1.4 million books and other materials
- Preschool outreach including storytimes, DPW-credited training, theme kits and more
- Coordinated programs for children and young adults
- A centralized collection of puppets, big books, and theme kits for educators
- Outreach programs and services to older adults
DCL is governed by a Board of Directors appointed by Delaware County Council. The Administrative Headquarters is a department of county government.
Catherine Bittle, Director
340 N. Middletown Rd.
Fair Acres, Building 19
Media, PA 19063-5597
Telephone: (610) 891-8622 Fax: (610) 891-8641