The Delaware County Library Board (DCLB) consists of seven Delaware County residents appointed by County Council. The DCLB is the formal, policy-setting group that exists to set goals and objectives that will optimize library service to the citizens of Delaware County through cooperative efforts. The Board’s duties include broad responsibilities required for the efficient management of a tax-funded institution while successfully meeting the community’s information needs.
Primary responsibilities of the Board include: Adopting written policies to govern the operation and services of Delaware County Libraries; Approving and monitoring the Library’s annual budget, and ongoing fiscal health; Planning for the future of Delaware County Libraries by setting long-term strategic direction and goals; Acting as an advocate for Libraries and a liaison to the public, organizations, and public officials.
2019 Meeting Schedule
· February 7, 2019 – Helen Kate Furness Library
· April 4, 2019 – Ridley Township Public Library & Resource Center
· June 6, 2019 – Rachel Kohl Community Library
· August 1, 2019 – Middletown Free Library
· October 3, 2019 – Radnor Memorial Library
· December 5, 2019 – Media-Upper Providence Free Library
*All meetings start at 7:00pm