32nd Annual Young Poets of Delaware County
2021 Poetry Contest
· All children in grades 1-12 who live or attend school in Delaware County may enter.
· Original poems must be typed or neatly written on 8 1/2” by 11” paper; no odd size or construction paper, please. Only one new, original poem per student. No more than 2 pages.
· Please include student’s name, phone number, address, parent e-mail (no school e-mails), grade and school on the TOP RIGHT (FRONT) of the poem. If the information is not listed, the entry will be disqualified. Contact information is for notification purposes only and will not be shared.
· Entries should be submitted during National Poetry Month, April 1st - 30th. No entries will be returned.
· Poems will be judged by grade level. Winners will be contacted by e-mail in May and their names and poems will be posted this page and the Mad Poet’s website.
· Winners will be invited to send a recorded reading of their work for posting on social media.
· Poets and their families are invited to an on-line awards ceremony & reading on June 6th at 1:00 pm.
This program is sponsored by the Mad Poets Society, Delaware County Libraries, Keystone State Literacy Association: Delaware County, Rose Tree Media Optimist Club, Pennsylvania Poetry Society and Pennsylvania Council on the Arts.