The Teens' Top Ten is a "teen choice" list, where teens nominate and choose their favorite books of the previous year! Nominators are members of teen book groups in fifteen school and public libraries around the country. Nominations are posted on the Thursday of National Library Week, and teens across the country vote on their favorite titles each year. Readers ages twelve to eighteen voted online on the Teens' Top Ten site. The 2021 winners have been announced! Get all the details here.
2021 YALSA Teens' Top Ten Winners
- All Boys Aren’t Blue by George M. Johnson.
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins.
- Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas.
- Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo.
- Five Total Strangers by Natalie D. Richards.
- The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes.
- Instant Karma by Marissa Meyer.
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by VE Schwab.
- Legendborn by Tracy Deonn.
- One of Us is Next by Karen M. McManus.
See all the Teens' Top Ten books, plus titles from YALSA's other awards and booklists, in the Teen Book Finder App.
Teen Top Ten Toolkit for librarians and teachers.