Literacy and Recreation Program now available to Delaware County Residents
Delaware County residents can now take part in StoryWalk at Rose Tree Park! Located in the upper field behind the amphitheater stage, StoryWalk is a children's story book that is spread out page by page across 18 reading stations along an approximately .25 mile trail that promotes health and literacy in children. StoryWalk is generally geared for children between the ages of 1-7. You can find a map of StoryWalk's location and reading station trail by clicking this link. Find the StoryWalk welcome sign, as seen above, to begin your journey!
Read the StoryWalk Opening Ceremony Press Release here. The StoryWalk project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, VT and developed in collaboration with the Vermont Bicycle & Pedestrian Coalition (VBPC) and the Kellogg Hubbard Library. Delaware County Libraries is proud to be the first library system in the region that offers all of its patrons the StoryWalk project.
The StoryWalk book will be changed throughout the year, so check our website and social media accounts as we'll be announcing new StoryWalk books. Currently in StoryWalk are the winning poems from the 2019 Young Poets of Delaware County Poetry Contest.
Past StoryWalk Books:
• Up, Down, and Around written by Katherine Ayres and illustrator Nadine Bernard Westcott from May 2016-October 2016.
• The Bus for Us by Suzanne Bloom from October 2016-February 2017.
• How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? written by Jane Yolen and illustrated by Mark Teague from February 2017-June 2017.
• El Perro con Sombrero: A Bilingual Doggy Tale written by Derek Taylor Kent and illustrated by Jed Henry from June 2017-September 2017.
• Duck on a Bike by David Shannon from September 2017-January 2018
• Rosie Revere, Engineer, written by Andrea Beaty and illustrated by David Roberts from January 2018-March 2018
• The Tree Lady, written by H. Joseph Hopkins and illustrated by Jill McElmurry from March 2018-April 2018
• My Cousin Momo by Zachariah OHora from April 2018-June 2018
• Frog and Toad are Friends by Arnold Lobel from June 2018-September 2018
• How Do Dinosaurs Go to School? written by Jane Yolen and illustrated by Mark Teague from September 2018-October 2018
• Maybe Something Beautiful by F. Isabel Campoy and Theresa Howell and illustrated by Rafael López from October 2018-January 2019
• I Have a Dream (words by Dr. Martin Luther King) illustrations by Kadir Nelson from January 2019-March 2019
• The Reason for a Flower by Ruth Heller from March 2019-April 2019