The Haverford Township Free Library, Havertown, PA, is seeking to fill a position in the Circulation Department. This position is part-time, approximately 15 hours per week - evenings and weekends.
The Library Assistant I will work under the direct supervision of Department Manager to perform a wide variety of general library work. The individual will assist customers in using the library’s services and facilities, and perform the daily operational needs of the library; may also be cross-trained in other areas of library operations.
• Help to establish and maintain a high customer service performance standard with a welcoming attitude taking responsibility for being fully informed of all library programs, events and specific needs
• Ability to follow specific procedures as related to library operation, materials and policies
• Assist customers in use of library services and facilities, promote Library advocacy and promotion of programs and events
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Managers and colleagues, work effectively as a member of a team, and be accurate and on time
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with the public in a calm, pleasant, constructive, and courteous manner
• Ability to move and shelve books and other library materials, and multi-task
• Enjoy reading and using library materials and helping others of all ages enjoy the library
• Two years of college, preferred; will consider high school diploma or GED and experience
• One year customer service experience preferred
• Computer Literate
• Interest in Reading
Send resume to: Patricia A. Mungan, Circulation Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org