The Teens' Top Ten is a "teen choice" list, where teens nominate and choose their favorite books of the previous year! Nominators are members of teen book groups in fifteen school and public libraries around the country. Nominations are posted on the Thursday of National Library Week, and teens across the country vote on their favorite titles each year. Readers ages twelve to eighteen will vote online between August 15-October 15 on the Teens' Top Ten site. The winners will be announced the following week after.
See all the Teens' Top Ten books, plus titles from YALSA's other awards and booklists, in the Teen Book Finder App.
Teen Top Ten Toolkit for librarians and teachers.
2021 Teens' Top Ten Nominees
- All Boys Aren’t Blue by George M. Johnson.
- All the Stars and Teeth by Adalyn Grace.
- Atomic Women by Roseanne Montillo.
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins.
- The Betrothed by Kiera Cass.
- The Black Friend: On Being a Better White Person by Frederick Joseph.
- The Bone Thief by Breeana Shields.
- Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas.
- Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare.
- Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo.
- Dangerous Secrets by Mari Mancusi.
- The Dark Matter of Mona Starr by Laura Gulledge.
- Dragon Hoops by Gene Luen Yang.
- Five Total Strangers by Natalie D. Richards.
- Flamer by Mike Curato.
- The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes.
- Instant Karma by Marissa Meyer.
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by VE Schwab.
- Legendborn by Tracy Deonn.
- Lost Book of the White by Cassandra Clare and Wesley Chu.
- The Mermaid, the Witch, and the Sea by Maggie Tokudo-Hall.
- One of Us is Next by Karen M. McManus.
- The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller.
- Tweet Cute: A Novel by Emma Lord.
- We Used to Be Friends by Amy Spalding.