Upper Darby Township Library (76 S. State Rd., Upper Darby, PA) is seeking a new full-time Young Adult Librarian. We are looking for a dynamic individual who is
• Enthusiastic about library services for teens
• Experienced in programming for teens
• Committed to community outreach
The successful candidate will be highly enthusiastic, forward thinking, and committed to exceptional library services for teens. The candidate must be able to deal effectively with adults, whether patrons, library staff, school principals, or other community leaders. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a commitment to quality library programs and services, those designed to meet the growing needs of a culturally and socio-economically diverse community, as well as to the changing role of the 21st century public library. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate the ability to forge relationships and grow partnerships with community organizations to further the library’s support of the township’s youth. Experience with effective use of social media in library services is highly desirable.
Responsibilities include some scheduled nights and weekends. Duties also include working at the public services desk on a regularly scheduled basis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited school OR eligibility for PA Certificate of Public Librarianship
• Experience with serving teen population
• Experience in public libraries preferred
SALARY AND BENEFITS
• Salary starts in the high $30Ks, depending on experience
• Competitive benefits package
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read YA librarian position. Links to Google Drive or cloud storage documents will not be accepted. No phone inquiries accepted.
Resumes received by May 17th will be given priority. Position will be open until filled. Anticipated start date is June 24th, 2019.
A complete job description is available at www.udlibraries.org/jobs.
Equal Opportunity Employer