TINICUM MEMORIAL PUBLIC LIBRARY
Small population in Essington, PA seeks people-oriented individual to develop innovative programs for thriving library. Well-trained staff and dedicated Board awaits the leadership of a community-minded and patron service oriented individual.
The work involves planning, developing and coordinating services and resources related to the overall operation of the library. The work requires the exercise of considerable professional skill, initiative and independent judgement.
The mission of Tinicum Memorial Public Library is to enrich the quality of life for the citizens of our community by serving as a learning and resource center. The library seeks to provide a peaceful place where people of all ages may experience the joy of reading, the discovery of ideas and the power of information.
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
• Manage the day to day operation of the library including supervision of staff
• Develop innovative programs and events for children, teens and adults
• Prepare monthly and state reports
• Together with the Board of Trustees prepare Annual Budget and policy statements
• Prepare grants and applications to enhance the collection, update technology and improve library
• Review and analyze library performance to increase attendance and circulation
• Attend required meetings and trainings
• Serve as a community liaison by maintaining communication with local groups and community leaders
• Coordinates the development and application of library technology. In conjunction with DCL (Delaware County Libraries) develop, oversee and evaluate internet and organizational intranet application
2 years of college plus 9 credits of library science are required
The library science credits could be completed in the first year of holding the director’s position.
Other special qualifications will be considered, such as:
-Extensive library work experience
-Strong interpersonal skills
Position is part-time (approximately 28 hours per week, with a minimum of 20 hours during library operation)
Starting salary: To be discussed on individual basis
Please submit resume and 3 references to:
Tinicum Memorial Public Library
620 Seneca St
Essington, PA 19029
Or email to email@example.com