Springfield Township Library Assistant 1
Springfield Township Library is a full-service library with an opportunity for advancement with cross-training in all areas of library work. Our viable training program will add to your ability to excel. This position will be responsible for performing general library procedures in Adult, Youth, and Technical Services Departments.
The successful applicant will have the following characteristics:
- Desire and ability to work with the public
- Aptitude to learn use of automated computer system
- Excellent organizational and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Participate in the presentation of children’s programs
- Physical ability to handle, lift, or move library materials weighing up to 25 pounds
- Stamina to stand at a computer terminal for up to 4 hours
- Strength to wheel book trucks with weight up to 125 pounds
- Capability to stand, sit, kneel, walk, stoop, reach repeatedly throughout the workday
In return, the successful applicant will work with members of a supportive Library Board and staff in one of the larger public libraries in Delaware County.
Minimum requirements – Some college preferred. High school diploma considered. Library experience not necessary but a plus.
Full time 35 hours. Evenings and weekends.
Excellent benefits. Salary $12.00 an hour.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Contact email@example.com. No phone calls.