MoneySmart@your library program is designed to provide financial
literacy programs in DCLS member libraries. Target areas include:
basic finances, family finances and introduction to investing.
is a cooperative program with the Delaware County Library System
and the Library
Foundation of Delaware County. It is made possible by grant
from the FINRA Investor Education Foundation and the American
Our Grant Be Successful - Take the MoneySmart Survey
New Financial Books added through the grant
New Financial E-books added through the grant
2013 MoneySmart Programs:
Financial Smarts for Seniors
Upper Darby Municipal Branch -- 610-734-7649
Apr. 13 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Budgeting on a Fixed Income
Apr. 20 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Wise Use of Credit Cards for Seniors
Apr. 27 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Understanding Your Credit Report
May 4 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. ID Theft, Scams & Financial Predators
How to Pay for College
Yeadon Public Library -- 610-623-4090
April 29 6:30 p.m.
Yeadon Public Library -- 610-623-4090
April 2 7:00 p.m. Good Credit for Life
April 16 7:00 p.m. Dodging Financial Predators
April 30 7:00 p.m. It’s Business, Not Personal
Download the complete Spring Program Brochure
the AARP Money IQ Quiz
about state financial institutions
As You Grow is a tool to educate kids and families about money
and has 20 essential, age-appropriate financial lessons with activities
for all age groups
$ave $teve to start learning about money.
Delaware County Library System acknowledges the Chesapeake Public
Library System for producing $ave Steve, made possible by a grant
from the FINRA Investor Education Foundation through Smart investing@your
library® a partnership with the American Library Association.
A two-part workshop presented
by CLARIFI (formerly CCCSDV)
Show Me My Money: a budget and management workshop
• Learn how to take charge of your financial well-being.
• Learn to follow the proper steps toward saving for a better
• Become aware of the “why behind the buy.”
• Learn how to identify spending habits, set financial goals
and develop spending plans that make sense.
Good Credit for Life
• Learn the importance of viewing credit as an essential
• Get an overview of the most commonly used language in
the credit industry, types of credit available and the associated
• Learn the steps to establish credit.
• Learn how to determine how much debt to take on.
• Learn how to develop a recovery plan when overwhelmed.
Presented by CLARIFI (formerly CCCSDV)
This is a four-week program specifically for women. “More
than just the do’s and don’ts of finance, FinanciallyHers
empowers women to identify the personal motivations and beliefs
that influence how they manage their finances. Once
you better understand what drives your money decisions, you can
together an effective plan to meet your financial goals.”
and/or Choosing a Broker*
My Confusion – Stockbroker, registered representative, investment
adviser, financial planner. What do all these titles mean?
• Learn what these job titles mean and the types of services
• All investment professionals are required to be registered
with the Pennsylvania Securities Commission. Find out how to confirm
this and obtain a free background check.
• Learn the “suitability obligation” of a registered
representative/stockbroker and the “fiduciary responsibility”
of an investment adviser representative toward their clients.
• Commission? Fee only? Percentage of assets under management?
Understand the compensation methods.
Scams* My, Oh My! Weapons and deceptions
scam artists use.
• I receive the postcards in the mail. What are those financial
“free lunches” all about?
• Retirement specialist. Senior specialist. What do these
titles really mean?
• Learn about the weapons and deceptions the financial scam
artists have in their arsenals.
• Protect yourself and even your senior parents from fraud.
and Other Investment Opportunities*
My Goodness! I can’t ignore these investment opportunities,
• Reverse mortgages and annuities. Investment opportunities
I need to consider?
• Oil, natural gas, “green” technology and gold!
These investment opportunities and resources continue to make
a big splash in the headlines. Are these too good to be true?
• Learn about scams involving natural gas drilling wells
in the Marcellus Shale.
• Be aware of the top 10 investment scams in Pennsylvania
and how to avoid them.
be served at these three workshops.