Haverford Township Free Library
POSITION: Library Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Circulation (Main Desk)
The Haverford Township Free Library, Havertown, PA, is seeking to fill a part time position (approximately 25 hours a week to include day, nights and weekends) in the Circulation Department.
The Library Assistant I will work under the direct supervision of an assigned Department Manager or Library Assistant III to perform a wide variety of general library work. The individual will assist customers in using the library’s services and facilities, and perform the daily operational needs of the library; may also be cross-trained in other areas of library operations.
- Help to establish and maintain a high customer service performance standard with a welcoming attitude taking responsibility for being fully informed of all library programs, events and specific needs
- Ability to follow specific procedures as related to library operation, materials and policies
- Assist customers in use of library services and facilities, promote Library advocacy and promotion of programs and events
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Managers and co-workers, work effectively as a member of a team, and be accurate and on time
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with the public in a calm, pleasant, constructive, and courteous manner
- Ability to move and shelve books and other library materials, and multi-task
- Enjoy reading and using library materials and helping others of all ages enjoy the library
Qualifications and Areas of Expertise:
Two years of college preferred; will consider high school diploma or GED and experience. One year customer service experience preferred. Must be computer literate and have an interest in reading. The candidate must possess expert organizational, oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal and team skills showing flexibility and adaptability. Must be able to identify and develop solutions in the work environment, be computer literate and have experience using office machines. Must exhibit rules of confidentiality and privacy when dealing with the public and other staff and have excellent customer service skills.
Please submit an application and resume to the Haverford Township Free Library at 1601 Darby Road, Havertown, PA 19083 attention Patricia Mungan, Circulation Mana