Glenolden Library Director
The Board of Directors of the Glenolden Library seeks a dynamic, community minded person for the position of Library Director. The Library serves a diverse community of 7472, in Delaware County, PA and is a member of the Delaware County Library System. The new director will be responsible for planning, organizing, managing, and directing all phases of the Library operations, in accordance with the goals, policies, and budgetary decisions of the Library Board.
- Supervise long-term staff and volunteers and hire new staff as needed.
- Develop and maintain a useful collection of books and other materials.
- Possess a working knowledge of QuickBooks for weekly payroll and accounts payable.
- Attend monthly local and county meetings.
- Promote and publicize the library and library activities using Publisher, the website, Facebook, and newspapers.
- Prepare and submit required documents such as the Library’s annual report.
- Develop and implement library programs for diverse groups in the community.
- Work with Board of Directors on budget, long-range planning and implementing library policies.
Education: The new Director must possess at least an Associate Degree with 9 credits of Library Science courses with a minimum of 2 years of supervisory and administrative experience in a public library or commensurate experience.
This is a part-time, 20 hours a week, position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Email Glenolden@delcolibraries.org with resume and cover letter.