Working closely with the Library Director, the candidate will:
• Develop, advertise, present, and evaluate youth programs for children ages birth – age 12.
• Coordinate and schedule outreach and programs to local day cares, schools, and organizations.
• Perform Circulation desk activities including but not limited to check in/out; shelving; etc.
• Maintain Children’s Materials collection including purchasing, weeding, shelf maintenance etc.
• Provide pleasant and helpful customer service; answer questions; make referrals.
• Conduct basic computer troubleshooting; provide basic computer assistance to patrons.
• Assume authority for the Library in the absence of Director.
• Attend meetings, trainings, and workshops as assigned.
• Adhere to all Glenolden Boro, Glenolden Library, and Delaware County Library policies.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
• At least two years’ experience conducting programs for children required.
• Library experience strongly desirable.
• Computer familiarity required; must be comfortable learning new software.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills required.
• Scheduling flexibility required; ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
• Vehicle required; ability to visit off-site day cares and locations.
• Must successfully complete and provide Background Checks (State Police; State Child Abuse; and FBI fingerprint clearances) prior to employment; must be current within the last 3 years.
• Ability to use stairs to access lower-level bathrooms and community room required; ability to use a stepstool to retrieve books and materials required; ability to retrieve books from low shelves required; ability to stand for periods up to one hour required.
Hours and Sample Schedule (Example purposes only. Actual schedule will vary.)
20 hours per week; Tuesdays 9 – 12 & 1 – 5; Wednesdays 10 – 5; Thursdays 11 - 5
Apply by email to email@example.com Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.