J. Lewis Crozer Library
Do you have teaching experience or related experience with school-aged children? Are you enthusiastic about fostering learning and engaging with other educators?
Embedded Teaching Librarian
From the Crozer Library Mission Statement: The library actively supports schools and collaborates with other partners to enhance learning and to promote reading education within the community we serve.
The Library invites applicants to submit their cover letter and resumes for the newly-developed, grant- funded position of Embedded Teaching Librarian, which will play a key role in fulfilling the library’s mission, as an important member of the library’s staff.
The position responsibilities will include robust outreach and interaction with both the school systems and community partners, such as the Boys’ and Girls’ Club, to benefit the entire Chester community.
This position is part-time--25 hours per week, including some evenings and Saturdays.
The ideal candidate will exhibit expertise in early childhood education or as a reading specialist and will work closely with the library director, the head of programming, and other staff in developing programming to support reading development among children. The successful candidate will be committed to the design and delivery of the highest quality library services for children, possess effective communication skills, and will be forward thinking and a team player.
This dynamic individual is:
Committed to stellar customer service and the highest level of programming and services for the benefit of young people.
And, committed to outreach.
The J. Lewis Crozer Library belongs to the Delaware County Library System and is conveniently located between Philadelphia and Wilmington, DE. The library has 6 full-time and 4 part-time professional and support staff positions and serves a population of approximately 34,000.
- A combination of educational credentials and proven work experience, providing preparation for the range of position responsibilities. (minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area of study)
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science, Education (or related discipline) preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience as a children’s librarian, reading specialist, or early childhood or elementary school teacher preferred, but not required.
- Experience in working with children in teaching or other instructional role (or directly relevant, comparable experience) required.
- Familiarity with the Chester, PA community (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for outreach and programming
Pennsylvania criminal and child abuse and FBI background checks required.
- The hourly rate for this 25-hour per week, part-time position will be $17.50 per hour.
- Organizational commitment to encouragement of professional development.
Send letter of application and resume, with contact information for three professional references, to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line should read - Embedded Teaching Librarian) by August 14, 2020.
Attn: Search Committee, Embedded Teaching Librarian
J. Lewis Crozer Library
620 Engle Street
Chester, PA 19013