J. Lewis Crozer Library
We are implementing an ambitious agenda for the J. Lewis Crozer Library of Chester, PA.
The Library invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant. This position is central to supporting the library’s mission and will play a pivotal role in building on the history and high regard in which the library is held by community members, in preparation for a bold future. The successful candidate will be committed to supporting the Library’s Executive Director in the design and delivery of the highest quality library and information services.
This position is part-time, approximately 25 hours per week, including some Saturdays.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant:
• Provides assistance in scheduling of and preparation for the Library Board of Directors’ meetings and Board committee meetings.
• Assists in preparation of Board Meeting minutes and minutes of Board committee and Library Department Head and Library staff meetings.
• Is responsible for recordkeeping and online and paper filing systems.
• Assists with development-related correspondence and maintenance of fundraising database.
• Reconciles cash register.
• Assists in preparation of invoices for payment.
• Sorts and distributes mail.
• Provides assistance with library circulation functions, as needed.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
This dynamic individual is:
• Committed to providing the highest level of administrative support and stellar customer service for the benefit of community members.
• Well-organized and particularly effective in exhibiting efficiency in time management and attention to detail.
• Experienced in multi-tasking in a dynamic work environment.
• An effective communicator and consistent team player.
• High school diploma or equivalency required.
• Some college coursework preferred.
• Documented experience in providing direct administrative support to administrators.
• Evidence of skills in problem-solving.
• Awareness and appreciation of handling matters requiring confidentiality.
• Previous experience in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs, including Microsoft Office.
• Experience in recordkeeping, scheduling appointments and calendaring.
• Effectiveness in communication with colleagues and providing the highest level of customer service.
Pennsylvania criminal and child abuse and FBI background checks required.
• $9.00-$10.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.
• Organizational commitment to professional development.
The J. Lewis Crozer Library belongs to the Delaware County Library System and is conveniently located between Philadelphia and Wilmington, DE. The library has 6 full-time and 4 part-time professional and support staff positions and serves a population of approximately 34,000.
Send letter of application and resume, with contact information for three professional references, to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line should read – Administrative Assistant position). Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
Attn: Search Committee, Administrative Assistant Position
J. Lewis Crozer Library
620 Engle Street
Chester, PA 19013